Wolf / Alpha
Nickname : Vin
Wolf Name : Onyx
Played By : Evie
View user profile

Re: Vincent Sawyer Byrne

on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:04 pm
Hobbies & Talents

Hobbies× Camping (Solo, & with friends.)
× Backpacking (Solo, & with friends.)
× Hiking (Solo, & with friends.)
× Fishing (Lakes, mostly bass & trout.)
× Off-Roading (4-wheeling, dirt-biking, & snowmobiling mostly.)
× Restoring Old Cars (This is only fun to him when he does it with Logan.)
× Wood Crafting (He really likes building things.)
× Shooting (Target shooting only.)
× Survival Prepping (Living off the land.)
× Gaming (PS4 mostly. Some computer games and traditional tabletop games as well.)
× Sleight of Hand (Cards & coins mostly.)
× Playing Guitar (He likes recording music he's composed as well.)
× Paintballing (Only with friends.)
× Sailing (He doesn't get to do this one very much anymore.)

TalentsVincent is not good at much, but much like the rest of the Byrne family, is exceptional when it comes to his instrument of choice, guitar. The genres he is most interested in and has mastered are spanish, classical, blues, and metal. He owns several guitars he's acquired over the years, not least of which is is Dad's old classical that he plays the most. An incomplete playlist containing songs Vincent plays regularly can be found below.

Wolf / Alpha
View user profile

on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:10 pm
Entertainment Interests

Theme SongsThe below playlist, and the vibe of the music captures the mood I try to portray when writing Vincent. This playlist is in a constant state of change and growth.

Truck PlaylistThis list is currently incomplete, but should be enough for whatever threads take place in Vincents vehicle. I'll continue to add to it as I find music that fits his tastes.

Tame Music InterestsThe below list is currently incomplete. Vincent's tame music is what will likely be played when in the company of others. It's often found playing in his vehicle as well.
× Alice in Chains
× The Offspring
× Rise Against
× Highly Suspect
× Kaleo

Untamed Music InterestsThe below list is currently incomplete. Vincent tends to listen to this music in his home when he's alone, and/or through headphones. He'll occasionally listen to the below music in his vehicle when he's driving alone.
× Bloodred Hourglass
× Amon Amarth
× Insomnium
× In Flames
× Be'Lakor
× Dark Tranquillity
× Scar Symmetry
× Kalmah
× Suidakra
× Wintersun
× Mors Principium Est
× Persephone
× Omnium Gatherum

Lyrics"I can't bear the thought of losing, I dread the attention winning brings. I'm so sick of all these people. But I'm scared to be alone. And if this life has taught me anything, I forgot it long ago."

"The hardest part's the awful things that I've seen. A drink for the horror that I'm in, for the good guys, and the bad guys, for the monster that I've been."

"I gave you blood, gallons of the stuff, I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough."

× Obstructed View - Rise Against
× Behind Closed Doors - Rise Against

Television Information coming soon...

Movies Information coming soon...

Reading Material Information coming soon...
Wolf / Alpha
View user profile

on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:11 pm
Sex

RelationshipsInformation coming soon...

AttractionsInformation coming soon...

SexInformation coming soon...
Wolf / Alpha
View user profile

on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:12 pm
IC: Character Truths

This list will be in a constant state of growth and change based on threaded content and revelations.

× I'm terribly lonely. I'm in a constant state of pain.
× I'm honorable... At least, I strive and hope to be.
× I hate what I am. I hate the wolf, and blame him for my horrors.
× I am a hypocrite, contradictory, and indirectly and directly accusatory.
× I want to be a great Pack Master for all of the wrong reasons.
× I long for death, for all of the right and honorable reasons. And maybe some selfish ones too.
× Betrayal claims the name of the dishonorable. Trust will always be an important thing for me.
× I value honesty in wolves.
× I am determined to carve my own path, at all costs.
× I don't, and will never believe in ''fate''. Fate is for the weak minded.
× Everyone I love dies or leaves. I battle love and loss, right and wrong... Selflessness and selfishness...
× "Family"... Maybe if I say the word enough, I'll start to feel like it's real.
× I empathize, I feel deeply, but only if I feel you deserve it. Injustice... Is sometimes justice.
× I hate being an Alpha, but hate the idea of someone taking it from me more.
× Music is my escape. It's intimate. I will play in front of anyone, but I will not perform for just anyone.
× I am not a king. I hate being treated like one. I don't want to be rewarded like one.
Wolf / Alpha
View user profile

on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:14 pm
OOC: Character Goals

My first main goal for Vincent is to develop close relationships where it's canon, and maintain those relationships into long and in depth played history. Even if those relationships change. Friends becoming enemies, friends becoming lovers, lovers becoming exes, exes becoming enemies, enemies becoming friends, friends becoming family, etc... Naturally these things can and do happen, and I like playing through them with Vincent. The longer a relationship goes on, and the more it changes, the more I enjoy playing said pairing. Mostly, I enjoy the idea of achieving these goals through plotting, focusing on plots with individuals while the relationship Vincent shares with said individuals grows, changes, and evolves. Falling in love is not excluded from this list, I am open to it, and so is Vincent, however lately I have this overwhelming fear of being judged for this, and may or may not allow myself to RP romantic relationships for any of my characters unless that feeling goes away. :/

Secondly, my goals are to allow Vincent to grow, change, and evolve through as many plots as his life will allow. I thoroughly enjoy tapping into every emotion with Vincent, no matter how complex they may be. And I feel the best way to get to these emotions fluidly is through allowing him to exist through a wide variety of plots, personal plots, shared plots, mass plots, or otherwise. Because of this it's unlikely I'll ever muse over or even talk about an end to Vincent's story. Most likely the end of Vincent's story will be an unend, where his life goes on and it's up to the reader to imagine what kind of new horrors he'll be faced with long after I've finished writing him. To me, it's about his evolution, just as much as it's about his relationships, and just as much as it's about the plots he's involved in. And because his evolution is just as important to me as the evolution of his relationships, I do tend to prefer relationships that don't feel plastic. Relationships that feel real, with a lot of passion on the part of myself, my RP partner, and our characters.

Lastly, while Vincent seems to hate being what he is, my final goal for him is to put as much time into his role as an Alpha wolf as I put time into his relationships, personal evolution, and plots. I genuinely enjoy supernatural politics, and working through how Vincent deals with his obligations and duties, how he copes with the consequences of his choices and actions, how his pack perceives the direction he takes them in, how his pack challenges him when they disapprove or disagree, and everything in between. I genuinely enjoy playing a ranked wolf, and I like taking my time with Vincent's acceptance, understanding, and path into being a better or worse Pack Master. I do tend to take most things one thread at a time, and I enjoy that mystery with Vincent, never knowing what kind of Alpha he's going to become, and how his general perceptions will change the longer he is one.
Wolf / Alpha
View user profile

on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:16 pm
Thread Tracker

Month / YearLinks will be added as threads begin...
Wolf / Alpha
View user profile

on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:17 pm
Image Gallery

Wolf / Alpha
View user profile

on Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:19 pm
Rage

This is currently incomplete.

It's important to take note that when Vincent rages, for example, when he ''snarls'', there's a certain ''impact''. This isn't just a sound made with a fanged mouth, and is actually more inhuman/frightening. Unfortunately, I'm not skilled enough to get the image across in writing, however, the closest I can get to explaining is the below gif. While Vincents appearance isn't exactly like Bilbo's in the example, the sudden morphing of facial features to something inhuman and frightening, and quick morph back into normal is a pretty accurate representation of what happens. Imagine white glowing eyes with elongated and sharpened fangs on either side of his mouth, in addition to the rest of the example, and it's pretty close. This is a personal quirk, and not at all related to Lilith.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum